we have compiled some ideas for advanced labs (l@bs). Here they are separated by subject:
Advanced labs, or L@bs, are a key part of the new classroom dynamics for Hands-on WSNs.
There are three main criteria governing l@bs:
- They should build over the subjects already learned in class.
- Are a solution to a problem.
- Should be presented at the next class.
For instance, l@b1 which is an advanced version of the first lab should be presented in the lab2 class.
Although it is true that l@bs should be proposed by students, in the followings We The Teachers propose some ideas.
- L@b1 (2.1): Advanced Blinking LED:
- binary counter
- ambulance lamp
- pulsating LED
- L@b2 (4.1): Advanced Messaging:
- 3 or more users chatroom
- multihop chat
- chat with LED notifications
- multimedia chat
- L@b3 (5.1): Automation:
- wireless night-table lamp (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/designswarm/good-night-lamp)
- wireless fan
- wireless piano
- Wireless Morse code transmitter and receiver
- L@b4 (5.2): Wireless data transmission:
- wireless music instrument
- wireless force indicator
- L@b5 (6.1): Advanced pinging a sensor
- an Xbee-LED lightshow
- Send a melody to an arrange of buzzers from a computer
- L@b6 (6.2): Advanced data collection
- plot data in real-time
- L@b7 (7.1): Upload your sensor data
- use one of the other data visualization platforms
- build a live data visualizer for others in the classroom
- build a better visualiser